East Ridge Real Estate East Ridge Evolution – The Gateway to Tennessee!
One descriptive characteristic of East Ridge is “pioneer”. This city of about 22,000 residents was incorporated 100 years ago, in 1921, but was originally settled during the 1840’s. The founders of East Ridge petitioned to be incorporated so they could install electric streetlights, telephone and water quickly followed and the city was in “full BOOM” post-war!
A defining trait of East Ridge is “progressive” and with a determination to instill a love of community by the way the leaders lead. Your East Ridge Real Estate Guide is happy to boast on this encouraging, friendly, inviting, and tight-knit community. East Ridge also owns their role as part of the greater Chattanooga metropolitan area with around 500,000 residents.
East Ridge was a frenzy of business, growth, and excitement in the early years. Then in 1973 devastation hit with a major flood causing millions of dollars of damage. The city bounced back, with some help from the Army Corp of Engineers.
In 2012 the Border Region Tourism Act created another boost to East Ridge. Located off Exit 1 on Interstate 75 allows for the attraction of larger scale development with this act and another surge in growth for East Ridge. This has led to East Ridge being designated as a Main Street USA Community.
Scroll to see more information on East Ridge!
Living in East Ridge – so many perks!
Sure, East Ridge is part of the Chattanooga metro, and that is a great attribute (more on this later!) … but, East Ridge has SO MUCH to offer on its own as well! Your East Ridge Real Estate Guide points to several community-focused perks/amenities worth mention:
- Community structure is a priority. East Ridge has poured funds into an updated library, a new city hall, and monies allocated to police and fire departments that serve the community.
- The Parks and Recreation Department has an active calendar for sports and facilities – for all ages and abilities.
- Camp Jordan Park is often referred to as the “jewel of the city”. With 275 acres and everything from an amphitheater, arena, ball fields, hiking trails, disc golf, soccer fields, and playgrounds…your East Ridge Real Estate Guide often says “if you can’t find something to do here, well, you just aren’t trying!”
- Pioneer Frontier is a terrific family park with a super playground, picnic areas, gazebo, restrooms, and security cameras.
- Springvale Park
- One of the best resources around for trail guides is the All Trails app/website. Pick a trail based on length, difficulty, and purpose (bike, hike, walk, bird watch, relax).
- East Ridge likes to celebrate! Festivals here are frequent, and if there isn’t something in East Ridge proper, you will not have to look long or far as the Chattanooga festival/event scene is super, too!
- With the Border Region Tourism Act came some big names – Bass Pro Shop, Top Golf, and the Chattanooga Red Wolves professional soccer center – all became part of the East Ridge hub of action!
Neighborhoods and Schools – it’s all good!
The metro Chattanooga area plays well with housing economics – the median home price in this area is such that the cost-of-living index runs about 80-85. Great for new home ownership or moving up in the housing market! Some of the popular neighborhoods around town include Mission Oaks, Lansdell Park, Blaney Forest, and City Center. Hand over your must-have and dream-have lists to your East Ridge Real Estate Guide and let’s get some property visits scheduled!
East Ridge is part of the Hamilton County School District. This is a strong and innovative district with focus on the following areas:
- Accelerating Student Achievement
- Future Ready Students
- Great Teachers and Leaders
- Engaged Community
- Efficient and Effective Operations
As shown by your East Ridge Real Estate Guide, opportunities for private and parochial education are available in the metro area as well. With Atlanta, Birmingham, Nashville, and Knoxville being just “day trip” distance from East Ridge/Chattanooga – the choices for higher education and continuing education are vast, as well as performing arts, cultural activities, lecture series, and sporting events that come with higher education venues.
East Ridge Real Estate Guide – Shopping and Dining around town
Follow your East Ridge Real Estate Guide to see that shopping is a favorite pastime for many, including your East Ridge Real Estate Guide. Plenty of grocery stores and specialty markets are right here in East Ridge. A biggie in the area is antique markets – here are some you won’t want to miss:
Chattanooga Mercantile (follow them on Instagram, Facebook)
Reliks Chattanooga Antiques (eclectic finds for sure here)
East Ridge Antique District (multiple stores within a shopping center)
Along with antiques, there are plenty of boutiques for browsing and locally owned businesses are top notch here.
Restaurants – gotta get some food to be able to keep up with all the outdoor activities and happenings in the area. Here are some to whet your appetite:
Champy’s – can’t go wrong when fried chicken is the specialty!
Olive Branch – Mediterranean done deli-style
Amigo Mexican – tacos and happy hour, need we say more?
East Ridge Real Estate Guide – Final Thoughts
If you need more convincing, take a looksie at all things Chattanooga – history galore, an exploding job market, mild climate, an absurd amount of parks and nature and scenery, high-tech city with amazing internet connectivity, family-friendly, zoo, aquarium, museums …
East Ridge is a town where the true greatness is the people. A town of perseverance, pride, and progress … like mentioned at the outset … pioneering! If you dream of living in a small city within a bigger metro area – with unbelievable nature and scenery – a terrific cost-of-living index – oodles to do – lots of opportunities – progressive and passionate thinking … well, look no further, connect with your East Ridge Real Estate Guide, and get your things in boxes for a move!